"... for it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." Laura Ingalls Wilder
Sunday, March 25, 2012
if only every weekend were this good
Oh how I love weekends like this. Weekends that include delicious food, great friends, time to sew and knit, sunshine and time to work in the garden.
On Saturday the girls and I were invited to a brunch and craft party with friends from church. There were not one, not two or three, but FOUR kinds of chocolate desserts after the yummy brunch. These Oreo cream cheese truffles were to die for and worth breaking my diet for five minutes. The girls worked on their embroidery, knitting and made flower hair clips with the other girls and I finished (yes, finished!) my Annabel cardigan (Rav notes here and photos coming soon).
Sunday after church I made West some blue and white seersucker and linen reversible pants for Easter. They turned out so cute. I'll post photos soon.
West and I also spent lots of time weeding the garden, thinning the strawberries and adding compost to all the beds. I think the chickens are worth every penny not only for the eggs but for the amazing organic compost they provide. Our plants that are getting the chicken compost are four times the size of the others. This week, weather permitting, we'll be adding new raised beds, rototilling and planting the first seeds.
I've been tracking my calories through MyFitnessPal.com, working out 5-6 days a week and eating mostly grain free for three months now and I'm down 23 pounds since Jan 1st! This dinner above is one of my favorite low -cal (only 294 calories) and grain free dinners. 3 butternut squash rounds, 1/4 cup Eden Organic pizza sauce, 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella and 8 turkey pepperonis cut up. Sometimes I use blue cheese or feta and sun dried tomatoes and a little chicken apple sausage. Be sure to pre-bake your butternut squash rounds at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, then flip them and top with toppings and bake again for 12-15 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like the most wonderful kind of weekend!
ReplyDelete-Jaime
These look great~!
ReplyDeleteWill try them for sure..
Warm regards
Suzanne