Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Books for Girls

Several people have asked me for book recomendations for girls and asked me to blog about the books Mira has read, so here it is. I'm pretty particular about what she reads and I make sure it has a good message and that the characters speak kindly to each other, etc. Here is the list of books she read in September and October. These are just the books she read for fun and not for school so these are books that most little girls and boys would enjoy for pleasure reading. One other note, her very favorite chapter book series is the Childhood of Famous Americans series. These are wonderful books and there are about 50. She also enjoys the Magic Tree House Series, she just didn't happen to read any of them the last two months, probably because she read a bunch of them over the summer.

I'll try to post a list of the books Mira reads each month. I hope this is helpful to someone. I know I look at other people's blogs and book lists for ideas.

Books Mira Read in Sept/Oct 2008
  • Sacagawea (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Little House in the Woods
  • On the Banks of Plum Creek
  • School House in the Woods
  • Happy Little Family
  • Elizabeth Blackwell (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Escape from Egypt
  • Wilma Rudolph (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Clara and the Bookwagon
  • Hannah of Fairfield
  • Ramona and her Dad
  • Felicity's Surprise
  • Josafina's Surprise
  • Meet Kit
  • The Long Way to a New Land
  • Happy Birthday Josafina
  • Meet Addy
  • Changes for Josafina
  • Josafina Saves the Day
  • Addy Learns a Lesson
  • Addy's Surprise
  • Emily's Runaway Imagination
  • The Long Way Westward
  • Pocahontas (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Davy Crockett (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Clara Barton (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Praire School
  • Teddy Rosevelt (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Happy Birthday Addy
  • Keep the Lights Burning Addy
  • George Washington's Mother
  • Buttons for General Washington
  • Buffalo Bill
  • Pony Express

No comments:

Post a Comment