We had a very busy week making valentine's and going to a party at our homeschool co-op and another with a bunch of homeschool friends in Silverton. In all the girls exchanged almost 50 valentines each and ate at least a half dozen cupcakes during the week.
For Valentine's Day breakfast Shane made the girls whole wheat waffles with whip cream and strawberry sauce (canned last summer). Recipe follows below.
100% Whole Grain Flax Seed Waffels
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds (or if you don't have it use wheat germ or just whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 TBS oil
- 1 egg
Looks like so much fun! I would love that whole wheat waffle recipe if you don't mind sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteHi there! I just posted the waffel recipie at the end of the post. Enjoy and I love your blog! How do you make those pretty, custom headers? Do you need a fancy design program?
ReplyDelete