
To celebrate the end of our school year, the girls and I tagged along with Shane on a work trip to Seattle last week. While Shane was in meetings, the girls and I explored the city where we used to live and work and where Mira was born. We all enjoyed our three day vacation and we had a wonderful time visiting old hangouts, catching up with an old friend and eating lots of good food.


We parked at the Seattle Center and rode the monorail into downtown to go to Pike's Place Market. The girls loved riding "the train" and it made parking much easier.


After our long day exploring Pike's Place Market, I took the girls to one of my favorite places, the fountain at the Seattle Center (near the Space Needle). When we lived in Seattle, I used to work just three blocks from the Seattle Center and spent many lunch breaks sitting on the grass near this fountain. Mira loved running around in it, although it was too big and intimidating for Annah. We were blessed with a hot, sunny day and soaked up all the sun we could get.


Although we don't eat out often, we enjoyed going out while in Seattle. At Red Robin we introduced the girls to our favorite treat, Mile High Mud Pie.

I think the girls' favorite part of our trip was the nightly swim with dad in the hotel pool.

While in Seattle, we spent a wonderful day with my dear friend Maija at her house near Alki Beach in West Seattle. I got to meet her son Marshall (with me in photo above) and I got to catch up with one of my very best friends. Maija and I met our freshman year of college, were roomates for several years and we backpacked through Europe together for thirty days before studying abroad in London together.


The girls with Grammie and Grandpa on their new front porch in Crooked River. Shane and the girls spent last weekend at their house and had a blast. I stayed home for a girls weekend with old friends from junior high.

Shane and his mom took the girls to Kan-ee-ta resort (on an Indian Reservation in Madras) to swim one day.

Here are the girls being silly, covering Grandpa with newspaper!
Wow - what beautiful little girls! And what sunny days...oh to be out of the dreary Edinburgh rain and playing with my nieces in Silverton sunshine. Love you Mira and Annah. XXX
ReplyDeleteI'll take some of that mud pie please!
ReplyDeleteSorry we missed you! Next time, let us know when you're coming - do you know we live within WALKING distance of the Seattle Center? Yep, just up the street! We could've met you for some "big sprinkler" fun :) AND You could've parked in our neighborhood for FREE!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun trip - glad to see your summer is off to a great start!
Looks like you guys had so much fun in Seattle. What a family treat :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!
And that quote is one of my favorite quote. I actually have that in my favorite quote notebook. Love it.
Keep it up :)