Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Building a Legacy


Last week Shane and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary and on September 23rd (also our oldest daughter's 10th birthday) we'll celebrate 19 years of being together (see photo above of our first date on that night). I was just 14 and Shane just 17 in this photo. Who knew that on the very same date of our first date, 9 years later, we'd be welcoming our first child?

Although we've been through hard times and trials I am so thankful that we've always had a strong marriage and always been everything to each other. As we've grown close with the Lord together and individually our marriage has become so much more solid and wonderful. God has given us such a vision for our marriage and our family; we truly are building a  legacy for Him. I am so thankful for a husband who would lay down his life for his family, who has made his family his hobby and delights in me and the children, not making golf, fishing or other sports - things that would draw him away from us his passion. He comes home every day with a big smile, ready to play with the children or clean the kitchen - whatever we need. He loves the Lord and truly desires to raise his children to know God's peace and purpose for their lives. I began praying for a man like this when I was 12 and God certainly answered my prayers!

 Our Wedding Day - August 15, 1999

Last summer at the same place in Bend where we got married. 
Here we are with baby West between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment