"... for it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." Laura Ingalls Wilder
Sunday, November 6, 2011
this moment i cherish
You know that popular children's book, I'll Love You Forever, where the mama rocks her baby boy, then toddler, then teenager and eventually a grown up man and sings: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be"? Well, today my sweet West actually wanted to cuddle and lay his head on my shoulder. He allowed me to rock him for a good 20 minutes while I sang to him and he laid perfectly still in my arms. What a special moment for us as I rocked my big, active and oh-so-mischievous boy and I marveled at how someday he'll be bigger than me. For now he's still my baby boy and how I treasure being his mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I sang the song from that book to Sawyer since he was little. Now, even now that he's almost 3 and a half years old, he asks me after being tucked in if I will crawl in his toddler bed and snuggle with him, and inevitably he starts singing "I'll love you forever, mommy..." it just melts my heart. I hope he still wants to cuddle with me when I'm 45, and 65, and 85...and that he remembers that silly song. I cry every time I read the book to him! And I love that he loves to cuddle - in the morning he runs into our room and right up to (since Daddy is always up first) and he says "I want to snuggle with Mama!" so he then climbs into bed next to me, followed by his sister, and that's how we begin many days. There's something extra special about cuddling with busy busy boys :) Thanks for that reminder!
ReplyDelete