Wednesday, November 23, 2011

yarn along: a little hedgehog

Joining today with Small Things to share my latest knitting project and book on my nightstand.

This week school books have made way for glitter, felt, yarn, beads and fabric scarps at our school table while the girls whisper plans and busily create Christmas gifts. And I've started knitting some secret Christmas gifts of my own in the late evenings. Here is my first little stuffie, a hedgehog,, for my 10 year old Mira who loves hedgehogs. I'm not totally happy with it because I think it looks more like a man's head than a hedghog, but I think she'll like it. I have plans to knit all the animals in the forest scene from the book, Little Knitted Creatures. I've just started reading Driving Over Lemons: An Optimist in Spain by Chris Stewart, a funny non-fiction read about the author and his wife leaving England to live on a dilapidated farm in Spain.

15 comments:

  1. Oh no, I think it looks like a hedgehog and it's adorable! I love your idea of knitting all the animals.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your hedgehog is adorable! What a sweet face, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I think it's a very sweet little hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your little hedgehog, i giggled at your man comment. i think your daughter will love it. now i'm off to follow that link, i think i might need to knit my first forest animals too!
    thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that book and enjoyed it. My husband and I visited Spain before we had children. I love it! It definitely looks like a hedgie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute hedgehog (and not a man's head, I don't think!) Great idea to use novelty yarn for the prickles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the hedgehog is so sweet!
    Thank you for sharing both book titles as well.
    Warm wishes,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks cute- and as far as I am aware, the only thing little girls care about when it comes to stuffed critters is that they look cute :) If I try to make something for someone else, my DD ALWAYS tries to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hedgehog too. I have been looking for some forest animal patterns...I might have to try to find the book in your post.
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love little hedgehogs too. This one I'm sure will get plenty of attention and love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love hedgies too! I would be so happy to find that little guy in my stocking!
    That book sounds like a really fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute hedgehog!!! Our kitchen table - no, our HOUSE - is covered in glitter at the moment from some little gift tags we've been making. I don't think I'll EVER be able to get rid of it all!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job on the hedgehog! He looks like a real one to me :)

    ReplyDelete