"... for it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." Laura Ingalls Wilder
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
yarn along: a shalom sweater
I've been following the yarn along group at Small Things for almost a year now and decided to finally join in since I'm obsessed with knitting these days. For about a week now I've been working on this Shalom sweater for me. My hope is it will be a warm everyday sweater for home and camping trips. And I'm reading this inspiring blogging book. Can you tell I've been inspired to update the look of my blog? I started this blog originally as a site to showcase our home for a home exchange to Europe, then it became a place to update family far away with photos of what we've been up to but given that most of our family aren't really the blog reading types, I've decided to let it go ahead and be more of my crafting and life journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My last knitting project was the shalom sweater and I just love how it turned out! I think I'm actually going to knit it in a different color, I like it so much! Your's is going to be so pretty!!
ReplyDeletegreat colour yarn, I really must have go at that pattern, looks so wonderful
ReplyDeletehappy knitting xx
Thanks! I'm having fun with this sweater. I just wish I'd picked a brighter color.
ReplyDeleteOh no- I think the grey is lovely. A gorgeous neutral that will likely see more use just because it will go with most things :)
ReplyDelete