Tuesday, January 17, 2012

today


Knitting: my Annabel sweater as fast as I can. I received the yarn (quince & co. Osprey in Carrie’s Yellow) for Christmas and I absolutely love the color. I can’t wait to finish it and wear it. I have two baby sweaters to knit for friends and some spring sweaters for my own kids that I also want to whip out in the next few months. (Joining Ginny for this Yarn Along update. Rav notes here.)

 Watching: the snow gently fall outside and wishing it would stick.

Reading: All-of-a-Kind-Family, a favorite read-a-loud for the girls. We’re so enjoying this book together and look forward to our reading time after lunch.

 































Obsessed: with Lark Rise to Candleford, the BBC mini-series about life in rural England in the 19th century. Shane and I watch one episode every night on DVD and we can’t get enough. We both look forward to our Lark Rise evenings (they usually involve a square of Moonstruck dark chocolate or red wine).

Thinking: about simple living and what that means when it isn’t so much a choice but a necessity. Choosing to spend less, make more from scratch and do less is one thing, but being forced to because of finances is another. 




Waiting: anxiously for my new dining table that my father-in-law is so generously making us. Hand-milled from lodge pole Pine, it will seat 12 people and it is beautiful. I can’t wait to share pictures here.

Enjoying: the return of art and music study. Right now we’re enjoying learning about John James Audubon. There are so many great children’s picture books about him at the library and we’ve been having fun drawing birds in our own nature books.

8 comments:

  1. i have seen alot of people talking about simple living. it is interesting how had it is to live simply. how hard it is to do with less when there is so much out there about having more or having it all.
    that yarn is lovely and happy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yarn is beautiful and I look forward to seeing how the sweater turns out for you. Lovely, restful photos of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of your yarn, what a beautiful Christmas gift! Hope the knitting goes quickly so you can wear it soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of that yarn - and your yarn basket is pretty cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely post tirza, love your knitting and your thoughts. lucky you having snow fall...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron and I LOVE Larkrise too...one of our favorites to watch together after the kids are all tucked in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the photos and the yarn is a fabulous color!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, can't wait to see your table and your knitted projects!!
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete