Sunday, March 18, 2012

lil pants, theater and spring







The past two weeks Mira has been performing in Christian Youth Theater's The Wizard of Oz in Portland and we've been blessed to have family with us both weekends. We also had a bunch of friends join us for a school day production (Mira sold 78 tickets to all the shows combined!). Both Annah and Mira also performed in their theater class showcase performances and did great. It has been a busy and fun two weeks but I'll be glad for a break from running back and forth to Oregon City.

This weekend I enjoyed some time at home while Shane took the girls to theater with his dad, Tammy and Megan. I finished knitting a sweet little baby sweater for a dear friend (photos coming this week as part of Ginny's Yarn Along) and today West and I made these fun little pants that he is modeling in the top three photos. He loved sitting on my lap and "helping" sew. I made him a pair of these reversible  Quick Change Trousers from this book, Handmade Beginnings, about a month ago and they are his best pants because they are soft, easy to pull on and reversible so I found some fabric to make him a few more pairs for spring. The pattern only goes up to 24 months but I just added 3 inches to the length and they'll fit him through summer and into the fall I hope.

Oh, spring has arrived and our street in in full bloom with cherry trees lining both sides of the street and daffodils, crocus and these little purple flowers popping up in front yards all over. I have garden plans on my mind and hope to get out to weed, rototill, spread compost and plant seeds in the next couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Tirza, thanks for inviting us to Mira's play, it was so fun, the kids loved it! I love the photos...especially the one of you and Mira...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete