My dear friend Maija from college (we met freshman year in the dorms, studied abroad in London together and were roommates throughout college) just had her second child, a sweet boy named Ryker. When I visited Maija after her first son, Marshall, was born I was struck by how all his clothes were in bright, fun colors. So when I found out she was having another baby I just had to make this new babe a bright, colorful sweater. My sweet Silas, 5 months old, begged to model it before we wrapped it up and sent it to Ryker. If you want the FREE pattern or knitting notes, check out my Ravelry page here.
As part of Ginny's Yarn Along we're also supposed to note what we're currently reading. I'm usually reading 3-4 books at a time. Which book I pick up depends on the time of day, where I'm reading (at the gym, home with kids, home after kids are in bed, etc.). This week I'm reading a sweet book from the 1930's called Down the Garden Path thanks to the idea from Lori, Montessori From the Start which has so many excellent ideas for how to foster independence and self esteem in children babies-age 3, and The Paleo Diet Cookbook. I'm also browsing through all my gardening books like The New Self Sufficient Gardener, Mini Farming and the Backyard Homestead to get inspired and help plan the changes we're making to our garden and yard this year. Did I tell you we're raising 30 meat chickens with friends (on their property- not our backyard!)? We'll be butchering them in a few weeks. I bet you can't wait for that blog post!
Silas is even cuter than the sweater! ;0)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sweater!! Gorgeous baby!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful babe,beautiful colours and gorgeous cardi, love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous sweater...and baby! :)
ReplyDeleteSweater and baby are both adorable!
ReplyDeleteoh my. that sweater is amazing. wow. and the baby in it... beautiful. :)
ReplyDeletethat cardi is oh so cute, the colour mix is beautiful! xx
ReplyDeletesuch a sweet sweater but I must say the model is even sweeter!!! Love it!!
ReplyDeletelove seeing the up close, full face shots of Silas in this post! and of course, love love love the sweater. a special treasure.
ReplyDeleteI love using bright happy colours for babies, and I think this sweater is perfect. For that matter, so is the model :)
ReplyDeleteOH! heehee hee!! he's adorable, i want to HUG him! the sweater is cute too, but really your baby is just too distracting and darling!
ReplyDeleteOh what a sweetie...that's an amazing photograph. The cardigan is so cute too...what a lovely gift. I really like the buttons...
ReplyDelete