Monday, April 16, 2012

april days

 






































Recently I was inspired by Rachael and her darling little terrariums and as soon as I saw them I knew it was the perfect project for our 4H group. The girls had a great time thinking about their minute gardens and creating little houses, fences and paths. I confess that this project was as much for me as for them. In fact, I've now created three terrariums myself!

The rest of the week has been busy with gardening plans. Grass is coming out, new raised beds are going in and lots of seeds are being sown both indoors and out. Three new chicks are living in the garage (soon to join our other 5 hens). I've also been spending lots of time in the kitchen working on such delicious things as these quinoa and basil rainbow stuffed peppers and kale salad.

And I had to share this last photo of West with our blog books from the last few years. One morning last week I found him on the couch looking through the blog books of the years before he was born as if thinking to himself, "so this is what my family did before I came along." I have our blog printed into books using Blog2Print at the end of every year and it's a wonderful scrapbook of our days for our family. The girls especially love reading them and that's what keeps me blogging. It's a journal, scrapbook and ongoing love letter to my family.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow! i love the blog2print. maybe i will have to give that a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love blog2print. that's what i use too. i use the "snapshot" option so that i don't lose any of my captions under each photo. i haven't tried the softcover version. i have three from 2009, 2010 and 2011... and they were each over $100. i say it's worth the money but i wish it were a little cheaper!!
    xoxoxoxox
    melinda hughie blalock - baby b's mama

    ReplyDelete