This post is just a quick little garden update so I can remember next year how much we fit into our garden and what we're harvesting. My favorite part of the day is the early morning when I'm picking our greens for the day and checking on the garden.
Right now our garden is amazing and producing most of our produce. These photos are about a month old so all the small green plants are fully grown now and we're harvesting from them daily.
We're picking 2-3 huge bowls of lettuce, kale, chard and spinach every day and more peas that we can eat. Since we're making 6 green smoothies every morning we easily consume 2 big bowls of greens just for breakfast.
In our relatively small 20x20 garden space we have planted:
- 45 spinach plants
- 46 lettuces (romaine, green and a mixed blend)
- 20 Swiss chard
- 40 sugar snap pea vines
- 12 kale
- 16 green beans
- 7 potato plants
- 30 radishes
- 36 carrots
- 9 onions
- 18 leeks
- 1 zucchini
- 1 butternut squash
- 4 cilantro
- 4 parsley
- mint
- thyme
- sage
- rosemary
- basil tomato plants
- lots of raspberries (picking a big bowlful every day)
- 30+ strawberry plants although they are now done for the season
Wow, looks great - I just started planting our new edible garden at our new house! I can't wait to see everything so grown as yours is! xx Rach
ReplyDelete