Monday, October 22, 2012

things of late





Unfortunately my beloved, new to us, camera, stopped working a couple months ago and other than Shane's iphone I don't have a camera. That makes blogging and keeping this updated really hard. I love the camera on Shane's phone but unless he's home I don't get to take pictures. So I've missed posting some great things the last few weeks like: Mira's volleyball games and how awesome she is doing on her team (she may have found her sport!), all the crafting, sewing and knitting that's been going on around here - more lil' pants, stuffed animals, purses, balls, sock puppets, and more, our awesome new homeschool co-op just a mile from our house where I'm teaching toddler school, fall garden harvesting and sowing, more than 250 jars canned and lining the pantry shelves, our first 4H meeting of the school year where 7 sweet girls made pies and friendship bracelets together, our sweet little Scandinavian girl who we'll likely call Ruby (Rue for now) if she gets to stay with us forever (her case moves to adoption in a couple months), beautiful, warm October afternoons playing in Mimi's backyard and baskets of bread, rolls, muffins, graham crackers, cheese crackers, granola, cookies and pies coming from the kitchen now that fall baking season is in full swing.

These October days have been busy; sometimes it's been really hard just to get through the day and sometimes more peaceful and easy. Silas is not sleeping well these days (teething?) so we're functioning on little sleep and then I'm up between 4:30 and 5:30 anyway to make it to my spinning class at the gym. But little blessings always come just when I need a pick me up; like a friend calling me early on a Saturday morning when she knows Shane is traveling and out of town with the football team to tell me she's bringing me Starbucks and then comes by 20 minutes later with a venti pumpkin latte, or other sweet friends leaving muffins and cards on my porch and making me my favorite chocolate cream pie from scratch for my birthday just because they care. Another friend stopped by and saw that I had just dropped and shattered a big glass bowl in front of the chicken coop by accident and before I knew it she was cleaning it up for me. She had no idea what a huge blessing and relief that was for me. And most of all I'm thankful for Shane who seriously is the perfect man. The birth mother of our last little foster girl asked me more than once about where I found a man like Shane and I had to agree with her that I got lucky.  Shane and I have so much fun together and I'm thankful for such a stable, happy marriage. Most evenings when we're home together we're just hanging out with our Coconut Mini's talking or watching Globe Trekker, Downton Abbey, Doc Martin or Call the Midwife.

Anyway, that's my random update for now. I have 7 pairs of mittens to knit for Christmas that I plan on starting tonight while Shane and the girls are at Bible Study Fellowship. Good night!

3 comments:

  1. what happened to your camera? i think i have a point and shoot camera that still works that could be your. i'll check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT just stopped focusing but it was old and had too many shutter frames or whatever you call it. :( My old point and shoot takes really bad quality photos that I hate using it. Shane's phone is much better. If you have one you can part with, I'll take it! Thanks! BTW, I want to come to Bauer's circus party. I got inspired by your pins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so full of blessing! thanks for sharing. I love seeing the four generations together.

    ReplyDelete