Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Perfect Day



Today was one of my favorite kinds of days - one of those productive days that leaves you tired and happy.

We spent the afternoon dehyrating a bunch of pears, baking and sewing. After lunch we set up the art room for an afternoon of sewing and I worked on the dolls we're making and also on a new idea for a purse. While I cut and sewed, the girls busied themselves with the scraps bin making a collage and doll quilts. They became quite involved in their projects and the time flew by. I forgot to get the cheese for the lasange I was going to make so Mira suggested quiche (her favorite) so we quickly made a whole wheat quiche with smoked salmon and spinach. The girls and I enjoyed a walk around the neighborhood following dinner. Here are some pictures from our day.

4 comments:

  1. You know what I miss? Do you remember the restaurant the Skinny Haven? It was in El Cajon and had the best quiche EVER!!! Yours looks pretty good too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Quiche! Could you email the leftovers, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever are you going to update your blog??????? We're all (patiently) waiting!
    Love,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete