We picked up our chicks last night and the girls are so excited about their new pets. They are so cute and when we leave the room their peeping really starts up. It's obvious they like company. It's also funny to watch them running around and then suddenly they'll fall over and fall right asleep. So far we have five chicks and we're picking one more up this weekend. We have one Buff Orphington, two Rhode Island reds, two Barre Rock (the black and white ones) and one Aracana (they lay the turquoise eggs). Right now they are in our laundry room in a box with a heat lamp. Soon we'll move them to the garage and then to the Hen Hotel. I made the girls "Chick Journals" to chronicle the growth and development of their chicks. We've been stuying about animals and this is a fun little school project.
Welcome Ruby, Daisy, Lucy, Roseabelle, Patty and Grace!
They are SO SO SO CUTE! Does that mean Spring is here? ;)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Chicks are adorable! We are most likely going to get about 3 hens this summer...we have done lots of reading and can't wait to build a space for them in the backyard. There is nothing like fresh eggs! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteHow FUN!!! I love it!! I didn't realize there were black chicks, and different varieties, I'm sure the girls could teach me a lot! :-)
ReplyDelete