While the past few weeks with a new baby haven't been without challenges and some bouts of tears (hello lack of sleep) they have been filled with so much joy. The transition from three to four has been much smoother than I anticipated and letting go of some of the pressure I've put on myself in the past has made all the difference. I have struggled before with hormonal ups and downs and postpartum anxiety, but this time is different. I'm mostly just overcome by sheer love for Silas and thankfulness that my life purpose is to mother. There is nothing more fulfilling than being in the midst of God's plan for your life, is there? I never would have guessed that I'd be a mother of four but here I am. And I'm so glad. On a side note, Silas is finally able to wear the little wool longies I knit for him when pregnant. I do have to roll down the waistband and roll up the legs, but they fit! I am in love with this pattern and this super soft Malabrigo merino wool.
Oh, what beautiful wool longies you made your sweet baby! They look seriously warm and cozy. Think I could get away with wearing those? ;) You've inspired me to try casting a pair on for my little babe.
ReplyDelete-Jaime
Thanks! I know, I would love a pair too but I think that would take way too much yarn to knit an adult pair! I loved making them and the yarn was so wonderful.
ReplyDelete