Tuesday, November 15, 2011

yarn along: a man hat

Once again I'm joining in on the yarn along with Ginny from Small Things. This week I took a four day break from my Shalom sweater to knit this Man Hat for Shane. Shane has been bugging me for a basic, no frills or fancy cables, winter hat for a couple months and since I was getting bored of working on the sweater I took a break to knit this for him. Doesn't he look great? Oh and I'm reading this book by Amanda Soule. The photos and project ideas are inspiring.


15 comments:

  1. Great hat- I bet he was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that hat does look great, and I have a boyfriend who would like a hat with nothing fancy... This might be the perfect contender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hat and wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat! Is this pattern available free? If so could you give me the link? My hubby is exactly the same - no frills or cables and I would love to knit this for him for Christmas.
    Blessings
    Shirley Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat is very handsome. Love the neutral color. What is the yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hat! Along with the 12,000 other knits on my Christmas 'to knit' list, I want to make a few hats for my guys. This looks like the perfect pattern.
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! The yarn is Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in Antique and the pattern is available for free on this blog:

    http://knitalonetogether.blogspot.com/2010/11/man-hat-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I cast on 72 stitches instead of the 64 in the pattern because my man has an extra big head (24 inches).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to do that. The men knits never seem to make it to the top of my list, although I know the guys at my house appreciate them so much. I'm very eager to read that book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your knits and your book choice. I also love your choice in children's names! I also have a little boy named Silas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, I worked the other way around, I completed a Shalom so that I could start a little man hat! That book is on my yule hoped for list, sounds great.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern. It definitely looks like one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for posting the link. Looking forward to whipping this one up ;O) - thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you like the Shalom sweater? Are you finding it easy to knit and understand? The lady at the yarn shop I go to kinda frowned when I mentioned it..but I love it and I would love to try it. Congrats on your new baby.
    Lisa from thelittlehousethatgrew.com..sorry I could only comment as anonymous

    ReplyDelete