"... for it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." Laura Ingalls Wilder
Thursday, December 1, 2011
and the countdown begins
To celebrate the advent season and turn our hearts towards Jesus' birth during this busy time, we read a Jesse Tree devotional every morning and the girls take turns hanging the ornaments that go with each days reading. I usually also surprise the children with an advent calendar of some kind. This year it was small gifts like knitted mice and hedgehogs, special candy and ornaments to decorate tied up in little burlap and fabric packages. I tied each package along the stairway late last night and it was a fun surprise for them this morning. How do you celebrate advent and the countdown to Christmas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your advent calendar is just so sweet and lovely! We prepare for Christmas with an advent wreath, but as the baby gets older I'd like to do a calendar and nativity too.
ReplyDelete-Jaime