Sunday, December 18, 2011

weekending









Happy weekend! Silas and West have both been extra fussy and needy the past few days so I didn't get all the gifts and things I had planned on working on finished this weekend, but still our weekend was filled with many happy moments:

1. The theater and a beautiful performance of The Nutcracker
2. A special mom and daughter date to a favorite cake shop
3. Lots and lots of knitting, sewing and crafting. Oh, and mustard making.
4. A new butcher block island we finally moved into the kitchen. My father-in-law made this from a step that was once in a local house. I can't begin to tell you how much I love it.
5. And an advent Sunday evening at home, reading from our Jesse Tree devotional.

3 comments:

  1. oh tirza, such magical lovely photos. how special your day was with your girls and i love LOVE your home. the light and space is so warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we *love* the nutcracker. many special memories with my girls tucked inside that little ballet. your cake shop looks yummy, love the kitchen island, and your home does look quite cozy. have a great Christmas week.
    Love, kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that butcher block. nice. i really enjoy mama and kid dates. :)

    ReplyDelete