"... for it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." Laura Ingalls Wilder
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
on the needles
It's been hard finding time for knitting the past couple weeks. Parties, family visiting from out of town and other Christmas crafts have been pulling me in different directions. But it's just hitting me that Christmas is just a couple weeks away and I have lots of little gifts I wanted to knit. I did manage to start this cozy Tuesday Night Cowl for my mom (I don't know why it's called that, anyone know?) pictured above and a sweet little pink and white cupcake. My sister, who is visiting for a few weeks, works in a tea shop in England and wanted to learn to knit cupcakes for the window display. I was playing around with it and making up my own pattern to see if I could come up with something easier for her than all the dpn patterns out there. I also whipped out some more acorns and a cute little red and white toadstool (not pictured) to go with the forest critters.
For more knitting inspiration, head on over to Ginny at Small Things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum, that yarn and that pattern... love it!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Debbie
Little Cotton Rabbits had a nice cupcake pattern, but she doesn't always have them available on Etsy.
ReplyDeleteThe cowl looks really pretty though :)
I love that Tuesday night cowl... I had visions of a shawl for my mom but a cowl fits better into the time budget right now. Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteAnd the cupcake is awfully sweet. ;)
i am liking the cupcake! and i so want to see the acorn and toadstools!
ReplyDeleteLucky mom--the colors on the cowl are gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteLove the colors of the cowl!
ReplyDeleteThat yarn is beautiful!
ReplyDeletei love all the pinks, they look so pretty and cheerful, your mom is going to be so happy! and that was sweet of you tirza to help your sister out. xo
ReplyDeleteLove the pretty pinks and I can't wait to see all your forest critters.
ReplyDeleteThere's a cupcake pattern (free) on Lion Brand's website that doesn't require dpn's. The top is crocheted and the bottom knitted -- just a thought ;).
Blessings,
GG
I made that cowl this summer. I love it! I think it is called that since the designer knit on a Tuesday night with her friends and it was a gift to one of them. Still love all the small animals.
ReplyDeleteLittle knitted cupcakes in a store window would be awesome! Hope you post a picture of a completed one. Just a few days until Christmas....I've lots to do, too!
ReplyDeleteThat pink is perfect! Love your tea set!!
ReplyDeleteAdorable cupcake!!
ReplyDeleteI've been looking for a new cowl pattern...I really like that Tuesday Night Cowl. Hmmmm, maybe after Christmas! And the cupcake is really awesome!
ReplyDelete