Tuesday, December 6, 2011

little forest critters

There’s been lots of late night, secret knitting going on around here. I’ve been working on these little forest critters (from the book Little Knitted Creatures by Amy Gaines) for the past couple weeks, trying not to let the kids see what I’ve been working on. Once finished I wrapped them in little burlap packages and tied them onto the stairway advent calendar. I’m still working on the owl, some toadstools and the forest gnomes to complete the set. For now the little advent packages awaiting these additions are stuffed with Shane’s socks. Shhhh… don’t tell the kids! I promise I’ll get them done before the day those packages are to be opened.

For more knitting inspiration, head on over to  Ginny at Small Things and also to Frontier Dreams.

25 comments:

  1. Oh those are sooooo adorable. My kids would lose it if I could make them those. I love working with a deadline, that is when I do my best work...or my worst lol. Can't wait to see the other unfinished ones. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! I love how you arranged them for the pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! a hedgehog! they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how sweet! I love that darling mouse. Such beautiful gifts for your children - I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh those are adorable! I could have hours of fun with those :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello
    lovely knitting work.i love the way how you arranged for the photos.thanks for sharing.
    blessings regina
    reginassimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! So much productivity in the yarn along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how cute! I think the little gray mouse is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh so very cute, I love the acorn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those are so sweet! What a wonderful advent idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little critters turned out great! I might have to try and find the book since hubby loves hedgehogs. So adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute!

    Love your header picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute little creatures! The hedgie is so sweet. I just love hedgehogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I just love the mouse and the acorn! Those are positively delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the mouse and the acorn, they are most excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your critters are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are SO CUTE!! They'd make wonderful gifts for children [and adults like me]. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. that does it! i simply must knit some forest creatures too, i LOVE these tizra. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute are THEY!!! Good work; they're charming.

    ReplyDelete
  20. aaaw I'm melting! - it's all pure cuteness! LOVE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete