Sunday, January 29, 2012

from woods to table










































My father-in-law built this beautiful table for us from Central Oregon lodge-pole pine. He hand-milled and built the table over a period of 25 days. It was inspired by SouleMama's harvest table. I love that we now have a place to gather as a family that was made from wood where both Shane and I grew up and made with love by someone dear to us. As a small gesture of thanks, the kids and I baked his favorite treat, two lemon meringue pies (tricky but they turned out great). When I sit at this table I can't help smile and think about the many family gatherings, birthday parties and arts and crafts that will take place around this table throughout the years. It will be a beloved piece of my children's childhood and, I hope, part of their children's as well.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table and how wonderful that it was hand made by your FIL - something to treasure for generations!
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazingly beautiful table. <3
    my dad made us a wonderful table a few years ago. our last name is hawkes so he carved hawkes heads and carved hawkes nest on to the trestle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful, wonderful table! And so meaningful! Just lovely (sorry for the gushing)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is incredibly lovely. your post is so very special tirza, i loved it so much, to see the table from start to the last wonderful photo. you are so lucky, so blessed. my goodness. what a wonderful man your f.i.l.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. absolutely beautiful! what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the most beautiful table ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Really and truly a treasure.
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete