"... for it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." Laura Ingalls Wilder
Monday, January 30, 2012
Painted Peg Peoples
Okay, before everyone hates me I want to note that we don't always sit around and craft - we do watch movies and read and cook and clean (always cleaning), rock crying babies and distract naughty toddlers and do mountains of laundry every day, but because this blog is a journal for my children I'm choosing to capture the more interesting things we've been up to like painting little dolls. And Sunday afternoons have turned into an unofficial craft time for the girls and I while the boys nap. I love getting new ideas for things to make and have a running list of things I want to do with the girls in my little notebook.
I found these fun little wood pegs on this etsy site for just a few dollars. I think you can also find them at Michaels and other craft stores. We first painted the heads a peachy color then painted the bodies and hair. We used fabric scraps to embellish the girl dolls with circle skirts or in ruffles using little strips of fabric hot glued to the doll. These soy paints are my absolute favorites for wood crafts and you can find them for about $2 per bottle in stores or online.
Sometimes I get a little too wrapped up in these crafts and want to take them over myself. I had to restrain myself and let the girls paint the clothes and faces since it was, after all, a craft for them and not for me. If I could spend all day painting little wood dolls for myself I would but a baby that needs to be fed is waiting and the vegetable chips in the oven are ready to come out (oops I burned them to a crisp).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They look lovely! I just received my parcel of peg dolls to decorate from Etsy too :-)
ReplyDeletei know you share what you want to remember, all the special moments and activities and crafts. i think it's lovely. your girls are clever and so beautiful, right after their mama. the pegs are adorable!
ReplyDeleteI don't hate you!! Are you kidding? You find all the fun crafts, do all the research and then share?? I LOVE that :) Thanks for all the ideas!
ReplyDelete