Friday, January 6, 2012

little beeswax people

 


Today was one of those rare days when I don't feel totally overwhelmed by laundry, things to cook and clean and school to do with the girls. It's not that there wasn't a chair overflowing with laundry to fold or messes throughout the house, I just didn't feel stressed about doing it. Instead we took the morning easy and sat by the fire and made little beeswax people. It was fun. It was relaxing. And it felt good to let the other things go for once. I'll catch up with the housework tonight and the schoolwork next week, but in the meantime we have more crafting to do around here.... I'm casting on for my new spring sweater, West is building a village out of dried pinto beans, Mira is baking a layers of the earth cake at her best girlfriend's house and Annah is baking carrot cupcakes next door with Mimi. Later we'll all take a walk to the library. Oh, and we've also been getting things organized for our new 4H group that starts next week, Silver Creek Homesteaders. I'm so excited about the group of girls (homeschool because we meet during the day) that will be joining our club.

You can order beeswax sheets in every color of the rainbow here for only $1.85 per sheet. Perfect for making candles as we did last night, and even more perfect for sculpting little people and animals. Or you could melt some beeswax and pour it in cute molds like these animal molds or these alphabet molds. Working in front of a wood stove helps soften the wax or use a hair dryer to warm it up a little.

3 comments:

  1. this is an awesome cozy winter day craft...can't wait to try it. oh, and we loved having mira with us today. she is such a joy. happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lovely tirza, the children look so absorbed in their crafting. i love beeswax, my best friend makes me handdipped candles, they are my favorite to burn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this content. Very useful to increase my knowledge. thank you.

    ReplyDelete